|Warehouse Material Handler||
Dec 16, 2022🔗
👁️ 61 61 Views
🏢 Grow Op Farms 📍 Spokane Valley, WA
💰 $15.25 an hour 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
i502 cannabis producer-processor farming copious amounts of top shelf cannabis in Washington State
Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume of top-shelf cannabis in the state of Washington, is hiring a Warehouse Material Handler for their Spokane Valley Location. This is a Full-Time position in a high-volume, fast paced production driven environment. The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your completed online application. A resume does not replace application work history.
The Warehouse Material Handler is responsible for assisting with the handling of day-to-day products and materials within the assigned facilities. Box Truck/Truck & Trailer Driving Experience REQUIRED. This position also assists with coordinating and handling daily distribution of products and materials from company warehouse facilities. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Assists with deliveries and receives pallets of product and materials for various facility needs. Box Truck/Truck & Trailer Driving Experience REQUIRED.
- Maintains organized and safe storage of products and materials.
- Receives, delivers, and records daily shipments from vendors.
- Maintains working knowledge of safety when handling various products.
- Operates forklift and heavy machinery to load and unload materials.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace.
- Supports and participates cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives.
- Transports materials to and from various locations, as assigned.
- Verifies accurate inventory is transferred to designated locations based on facility requests.
- Organizes materials, both in outside storage yards and inside storage areas.
- Performs yard equipment / vehicle maintenance and keeps records updated.
- Transports employees to various locations, as directed.
- Maintains accurate and current records keeping, including daily reports.
- Carries out emergency fixes on equipment and facilities, as necessary.
- Perform all delegated work orders and tasks, as trained and directed by department supervisors.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree.
- Possession of a valid State issued driver’s license, including a clean driving record
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Forklift Operators certification
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Frequently stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 50 pounds, grasp, walk, reach, stoop/crouch, crawl, and talk / communicate verbally with others.
- Regularly sit and climb (ladder / stairs, scaffolding).
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills, and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance; ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Weather: may be subject to high heat and low temperatures due to inclement weather and work assigned outdoors.
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.