|Retail Compliance Associate
Oct 5, 2022🔗
👁️ 114 114 Views
🏢 Verano 📍 Chicago, IL
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Compliance 📛 No license required
About our company
Learn how Verano goes above and beyond to cultivate premium products that prove cannabis can and should be better.
The Retail Compliance Associate role is responsible for ensuring our cannabis dispensaries remain compliant with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Qualified individuals will demonstrate experience as a compliance leader in a highly-regulated industry, such as cannabis, pharmaceuticals, or food and beverage.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record creating, implementing and maintaining a robust compliance program including developing and leading auditing processes, managing corrective actions, and writing and developing standard operating procedures.
Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, the ability to work with diverse teams, and analytical skills to solve complex problems under rigorous timelines are a must. The role requires heavy travel throughout the region to audit dispensaries on an ongoing basis and cultivate a culture of compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain audit checklists for each state in order to remain compliant with evolving laws, rules and regulations.
- Master seed-to-sale system in order to audit records and assist with investigations and remediation of any inventory issues.
- Monitor and audit inventory of products and waste on a routine, ongoing basis, and investigate and resolve any discrepancies identified.
- Assist with store renovations and new store construction, including vetting floor plans and security plans, and working with retail and operations teams on inspection preparation.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with Retail teams to stay abreast of and address any compliance issues.
- Assist with the day-to-day compliance needs of each market in the region, including responding to state inspections and requests, investigating compliance and inventory issues, fulfilling state reporting requirements, and remediating security issues.
- Review marketing and advertising materials for compliance with state regulations.
- Create, implement, and perform regulator trainings for staff on state rules and regulations to ensure compliance at each facility.
- Monitor state regulations and agency guidance as it evolves.
- Serve as subject matter expert for compliance in all states within the region.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ compliance experience in highly-regulated industry.
- JD is a plus, but not required
- Specific experience in cannabis, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, or retail operations.
- Familiarity with in seed-to-sale software programs (METRC, BioTrack, MJ Freeway, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience leading inspections and completing corrective action plans.
- This position requires frequent travel across the region (50-60% of the time).
- Physical and Mental Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.