Feb 2, 2022🔗
👁️ 124 124 Views
🏢 LivWell Enlightened Health 📍 Denver, CO
💰 $55,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Supply Chain 📛 MED Badge
About our company
LivWell is a company that believes in its customers and believes in the right to live life their way. In fact, it’s become our mission to provide the highest quality cannabis products, from the most well-known brands in the country, at prices that are accessible to almost anyone. Our seed-to-sale operation means that our products have been meticulously cared for throughout the entire process, ensuring a potent and enjoyable final product for every customer. With convenient locations throughout Colorado and Michigan, LivWell promises to be a trusted source of the products that allow you to be well and live well.
Industry leading cannabis company is looking for a production buyer. Under the general supervision of the Warehouse Manager, this employee is responsible for providing guidance, training for the Purchasing and Warehouse departments in planning, forecasting, and/or purchasing of 3rd party medicated and unmedicated products, grow support products, equipment and services based on historical buys, recurring buys, current inventory levels and purchase requests as assigned. Applies solid knowledge of purchasing principles, theories, concepts, and procedures to ensure that the required products and services are available at the right time, price, and quality. This includes sourcing parts, materials, equipment, and services, initiating purchase orders, expediting existing orders and coordinating logistics to meet the requirement(s). This position actively works with multiple departments and suppliers to ensure timely fulfilment of product to the LivWell Distribution Center (LDC & LBDC), grows and retail stores. The production buyer manages replenishment systems (CounterPoint & NAV) to ensure accurate stock levels by SKU/store for assigned products. This employee will manage the procurement and track all medicated & unmedicated products, grow support products, equipment, and services within the company’s guidelines, as well as government compliance. The production buyer is a Supply Chain individual contributor position, dedicated to establishing and implementing policies, procedures, and SOP’s.
Retail Inventory Planning and Control
- Manage 3rd party medicated and unmedicated products, grow support products, equipment and services based on historical buys, recurring buys, current inventory levels and purchase requests as assigned, to ensure optimal levels while supporting inventory turns and sell through.
- Manage stock exceptions on a daily basis and take action as required to ensure product fulfillment to retail stores and warehouse inventory as assigned.
- Analyze past sales figures and trends to anticipate future product assortment and sales.
- Collaborates with Retail Planner and /or suppliers to determine product assortment, pricing, and promotions.
- At the request of the Retail Planner, Warehouse and Logistics Manager(s) the production buyer communicates the merchandise plan to buyers who creates a PO and forwards to the supplier.
- Suggests allocations and transfers to buyers to minimize unnecessary under or overstocks.
- Works with Retail Planner on monitoring stock movement, consider markdowns, store to store transfers, promotional and/or product discontinuation.
- Works with Retail Planner on publishing weekly, monthly, and seasonal recaps to support the sales team.
- Analyze, update, and maintain data integrity for medicated and unmedicated on a recurring basis.
- Manage inventory levels during product transitions to minimize excess inventory and consumer impact.
- Assures timely purchase, delivery, and receipt of products at the lowest overall total cost to the organization.
- Responsible for reviewing stock to sales ratios, responding to changing sales trends, and ensuring planned sales, planned markups and planned markdowns are achieved.
Systems and Data Entry
- Review the daily and weekly min/max product levels and buy requests via Counter Point & NAV reports to support delivery requirements while managing all products for the lowest total cost purchasing, regulating inventory levels and achieving established inventory turn goals.
- Processes weekly timecards for Purchasing and Inventory departments - optional
- Creates purchase orders based on approved purchase request & requirements
- Influence category assortments by analyzing product performance, customer/consumer feedback
- Maintains detailed records of all items purchased, i.e., price adjustments, cost savings and returns
- Process and track orders through various spreadsheets in company Google Drive & Smartsheets
- Tracks credit card usage and receipt collection
Audits and Tracking
- Audit and track edible expiration dates, low inventory and receiving by day via CP & NAV reports.
- Continuously analyze, re-forecast business strategies to ensure sales plans are achieved by the LDC & LBDC and all stores through adjusting product flow and Inventory management.
- Coordinate the redistribution of product in an effort to reduce slow moving inventory.
- Perform weekly sales analysis, organize, and distribute reports, attend weekly Retail meetings.
- Influence category assortments by analyzing product performance, customer feedback, consumer trends and competitive landscape.
Works under the general supervision of the warehouse manager.
Provides planning and forecasting direction to the Purchasing, Logistic and Warehouse team.
Must be able to secure a MED card
- Minimum 5 years of experience in retail purchasing, planning and inventory preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of retail purchasing, planning and inventory control.
- Demonstrated capability with ERP, inventory planning, management, and purchasing/accounting systems.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication capabilities.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related area of study preferred.
APICS certification preferred.
Proven success in the following job competencies
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Analysis and Reporting
- Requires full time wearing of hair & beard nets and lab coat or coveralls while in the LDC
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment.
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.