|Extraction Technician III (Lead)
Aug 3, 2022🔗
👁️ 172 172 Views
🏢 LivWell Enlightened Health 📍 Warren, MI
💰 $16 an hour 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
LivWell is a company that believes in its customers and believes in the right to live life their way. In fact, it’s become our mission to provide the highest quality cannabis products, from the most well-known brands in the country, at prices that are accessible to almost anyone. Our seed-to-sale operation means that our products have been meticulously cared for throughout the entire process, ensuring a potent and enjoyable final product for every customer. With convenient locations throughout Colorado and Michigan, LivWell promises to be a trusted source of the products that allow you to be well and live well.
This position is responsible for leading the Extractions department team members with effective communication and direction to achieve the weekly objective at a highly productive and efficient pace. This role is responsible for leading, guiding, and training the Extractions department team members to package concentrate and edible products, supporting the leadership of the Extractions department to maintain an inventory backstock of SKUs to be available promptly to fulfill the exporting order schedule. The Extraction technician 3 role must lead and participate in their job with professionalism and safety, consistently. The Extraction Technician 3 will report to the Supervisor of Extractions. This role will support the Supervisor of Extractions to direct other Extractions department members to achieve objectives effectively.
Leadership Procedures & Tasks
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members to ensure daily work, productivity, and quality goals are met. Conduct employee evaluations, coachings, and other documentation as necessary to maintain consistent and successful results.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication with team members to increase team unity and operative flow.
- Bring any and all safety, security, and unsatisfactory cannabis product and equipment concerns forward through the proper channels including and not limited to the Supervisor of Extractions, Senior Manager of Processing, Safety leadership, Compliance leadership, Security leadership, and/or General Manager of Operations.
- Supporting the Supervisor of Extractions to guide and train Extractions department members to extract concentrate and refine products into a variety of SKUs based on weekly exporting analysis, operating, guiding, and maintenance of the Extractions department machinery, including, the Extraction Machines, scales, and tools.
- Support the Supervisor of Extractions with all production requests to serve the company.
- Responsible for prioritization, completion, and documentation of all tasks performed by the team members as instructed by the Supervisor of Extractions.
- Must keep constant supervision of Extractions department team members to ensure all work is being done properly and efficiently, in accordance with our SOPs.
- This role will be responsible for leading prompt production of extraction and refining of all SKUs planned to achieve for daily and weekly objectives, fulfilled with accuracy and consistent organization to maintain compliance and company standards. This role will support the Supervisor of Extractions with duties surrounding the processing of the variety of SKUs for the Processor facility.
- Ensure product is prepared properly, ran through Extraction Machines efficiently, resolving product and equipment concerns as necessary, processing product according to desired specifications, and properly store it for the next phase of Packaging or distribution.
- Facilitating the work of the Extractions department employees, by providing answers to questions, as well as providing them with the tools and resources they need to perform their tasks.
- Maintain thorough, consistent, and professional communication with other Processing and Production sub-departments as necessary to achieve company objectives.
- Support the Supervisor of Extractions with training, coaching, supervision, and disciplining appropriately within the department. Be prepared to communicate, document, and report towards employees’ performance, behavior, and attendance.
- Be prepared to change technique, training, and instruction based on variables, R&D experimental results, and concentrate consistency attributes.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment following GMP certified procedures.
- Properly use equipment and supplies to maintain its integrity and longevity.
- Be prepared to execute tasks within the Processing department, along with assisting towards company and facility objectives.
- Work and train in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity. Train employees to meet and exceed daily quotas.
- Maintain a culture of professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to assisting other departments to help facilitate the additional and/or supplemental work, such as, MIP Packaging dept, Trim dept tasks, Cure dept tasks, Farm dept tasks, cleaning, and light maintenance as needed throughout the facility.
Workspace and Material Maintenance
- Supporting the Supervisor of Extractions to guide and train Extractions department members to maintain proper organization of the Extraction areas. Contribute to instructed cleaning, sanitizing, and organization in the Extraction areas.
- Monitor and report any noticeable unsatisfactory starting material or concentrate product to the Supervisor of Extractions and/or Senior Manager of Processing.
- Ensure organization and cleanliness of the immediate work area. Ensure proper maintenance of Extraction Machines and equipment in the department.
- After use of equipment or supply, follow through with cleaning and organizing SOPs.
Compliance and Reporting
- Follow all instructed state and federal compliance regulations.
- Update and track all required information in the Packaging logs, METRC, CounterPoint, and spreadsheets daily. Responsible for proper training of Extractions Technicians and employees performing Extraction duties to understand how to perform roles compliantly.
- Supporting the organizing and securing of all starting material and extracted material tags and labels.
- Report any improper action of compliance regulations.
- Following instructed procedures will maintain compliance and safety. Any compliance or safety mistake or error created must be reported to the leadership of the department.
Works under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Extractions.
This person will be asked to direct, guide, train, supervise and discipline members of the Extractions department.
This position is expected to perform duties at a highly productive and efficient pace, consistently.
To apply for a new position, employees must have served within this position for at least six months before submitting the Grow Transfer Request form to the direct supervisor.
- Able to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- Working in proper PPE at all times of scheduled shift to sustain GMP model certification.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Consistent on-time attendance for all scheduled shifts. Prepared for over 40+ hour work weeks within this position, regularly.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
- At least four months experience in a Technician or Advanced role of the Processing department to apply. Must be in good standing for the last three months at least to apply.
- Two years of work experience in a related industry or work environment.
- Previous leadership experience in a related industry or work environment preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently meet productivity and performance requirements.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates professional and respectful demeanor towards others. Demonstrates respectful verbal and written communication capability.
- Knowledge and background in cannabis manufacturing preferred.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the State Marijuana Regulation Agency.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Leadership, Coaching, and Training
- Technical and Machinery Skilled
- Proficient Attention to Detail
- Respectful and Effective Communication
- Spreadsheet, Advanced Data Entry, and Computer Usage Proficient
- Time Management, Planning, and Organizational Skills
- Dedicated and Productive Work Ethic
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Quality, Compliant, and Safe Results
- Willing to give and take Direction
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.