Nov 23, 2022🔗
👁️ 57 57 Views
🏢 Urbn Leaf 📍 San Diego, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with expertise and appreciation.
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of our people.
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our customers.
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by reinforcing the “we” in our efforts and removing the “they”.
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and enrichment of our teams.
Our budtenders are responsible for assisting patients and guests in all aspects of the purchase, education of cannabis ,and may include the training of new budtending staff. The majority of time is spent ensuring the dispensary is well-kept and running properly and guests are serviced properly and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure stations are ready to go at venue opening time
- Maintain fully stocked and clean stations at all times
- Assist with running side work, stocking, and cleaning during any and all downtime
- Ensure opening and closing cleaning and organization checklist is completed
- Coordinate and participate in periodic all-staff cleanings and staff meetings
- Maintain proper cash-handling procedure at all times
- Ensure all guests are greeted as they arrive and wished farewell on upon their departure
- Ensure all guests/patients receive excellent customer service
- Inform the Inventory Manager or MOD if any product inventory is running low
- Be knowledgeable of any and all special including in house daily deals and Weedmaps daily deals
- Participate in staff events, outings and promotional events
- As possible, read industry publications to keep up-to-date on trends (articles posted by management are required reading)
- Remain familiar with industry compliance and regulatory requirements as applicable to retail operations (such as: Medical versus Recreational, weight conversions, minimum age purchasing laws, etc.)
- Knowledgeable on all cannabis products carried by Urbn Leaf
- Knowledgeable on cannabinoids, terpenes, and methods of cannabis consumption as it relates to sales of cannabis products
- Reception of the guests, including profile creation or updates
- Ensure each guest receives your full attention during their transaction
- Keep all personal items off the sales floor at all times
- Ensure you are on time for each and every shift
- Ensure your uniform is clean and you have all tools at your station prepared for your shift
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned by any other Shift Lead, Manager or Superior
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to input and access information in point of sales system
- Must be able to follow all company cash handling policies and maintain an accurate cash drawer at all times
- Must be able to provide legible communication
- Must be comfortable learning new skills
- Must have reliable transportation and be punctual for all shifts, meetings and outings
- Must be able to meet and uphold all of Urbn Leaf’s standards
- Preferred (not required) work experience as bartender, wait staff, catering, or other hospitality-industry position
- Preferred (not required) one or more years of budtending experience
- Preferred (not required) cannabis industry background or extensive knowledge of the cannabis industry
Skills and Attitudes:
- Must be motivated, hardworking, and passionate about cannabis. This position requires someone who is a strong multitasker with the ability to handle multiple duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Understand guest needs
- Work cohesively and professionally with co-workers
Must have one of the following:
High School diploma or GED
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Valid CA identification/proof of residence
The following are constant demands for this position:
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly, as required
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds
Occasionally small and/or enclosed spaces.