Dec 15, 2021🔗
👁️ 78 78 Views
🏢 Insa 📍 Chicopee, MA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Marketing 📛 No license required
About our company
Insa is not some la-di-da so-and-so that’s going to carry you away to a land of make believe. It’s cannabis for real life: the good days and the ‘bout to get better.
Insa offers premium cannabis in a variety of formats and functions to help wind you up, calm you down, ease your ailments—and whatever you need in between.
Position Summary: The Brand Manager is responsible for all aspects of brand management for Insa’s portfolio of products and will lead in developing, implementing, and managing annual strategic, profit/budget, and operating plans, including promotion, packaging, analysis, and P&L. This person must be a creative, innovative, and resourceful thinker to adapt to daily challenges and solve problems. The ideal candidate is passionate about the consumer experience and enthusiastic about supporting projects and ideas that drive new business development.
- Develops brand strategy through analysis of consumer feedback, category trends, and brand equities to inform strategic decisions about packaging, flavor, and merchandizing
- Conducts brand, segment, and category analysis to evaluate performance against business objectives, identifying competitive threads and highlighting product strengths/weaknesses; identifies and growth opportunities
- Analyzes syndicated BDSA data and internal metrics to track performance of brand and inform sales and marketing team decisions
- Creates and manages marketing programs and business plans to achieve revenue, profit, and market share goals
- Drives and promotes profitability and market share of Insa products across all categories through planning, managing, and coordinating assigned product lines across company, including partnership on launch/marketing budgets for future brand innovations
- Manages branding for new product development and renovation, including pricing, promotion, and positioning within category
- Partners with Executive Team on establishment and alignment of annual brand plan and long-term strategic goals with specific focus on objectives, strategies, and tactics for assigned product groups
- Develops briefs for all creative projects associated with brand categories being managed (e.g., primary/secondary packaging, label copy, hard/soft pos, website, advertising, etc.) and providing feedback on creative output to ensure it supports brand strategy
- Leads cross-functional internal teams (Operations, Sales, Marketing, Cultivation/Kitchen/Lab to develop and ensure implementation of brand/product strategy/initiatives/objectives and integrate products with existing internal systems and processes including inventory, compliance, procurement, etc.
- Works with marketing team to develop impactful, out-of-the-box, effective consumer promotions to build awareness, generate trial, and drive volume/distribution.
- Conducts post-promotion analysis to quantify and evaluate effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of progressive brand management experience in branded consumer products company required
- CPG experience desired but not required
- Syndicated Data experience including: SPINS, IRI, and Spectra Data preferred
- Project management experience including P&L/budget management preferred
- Experience leading cross-functional teams preferred
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office 365, including PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking
- Kneeling, stooping, and bending at the waist occasionally
- Close visual acuity needed to read and write documents on a computer screen
- Manual dexterity needed to type on a computer
Brand Ambassador - Demonstrates the values of Insa and the Insa brand(s) through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
Innovation - Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
Leadership - Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance. Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
Project Management - Seeks to meet objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals. Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
General office environment without access to natural light
Exposure to cannabis odor