|Vice President of Marketing||
Jan 7, 2022🔗
👁️ 72 72 Views
🏢 Flower Company 📍 Remote✨Remote OK
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Executive 📛 No license required
About our company
FLOWER CO. sells weed on the internet. We've built an end-to-end software and operations system for sourcing, fulfillment, delivery, and e-commerce in a highly regulated industry. We’re tackling big, unique problems to solve in a massive space that is growing exponentially with wider legalization.
FLOWER CO. is adding a Vice President of Marketing to develop and lead the company’s strategy and execution of user acquisition, engagement, and retention to drive demand and revenue growth for our e-commerce site. Our VP of Marketing will hire, develop, and lead our marketing team. You will work tightly with our VP of Product to compliment his skillset and amplify the impact of rolling new product features out to the user base.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience leading a full-funnel marketing team for a high-growth D2C/eCommerce brand. You are a metrics-driven leader, with extensive experience in creating repeatable, scalable, demand-generation engines. This isn’t like other industries, you’ll need to be creative and develop alternative growth levers and work-arounds because traditional performance marketing channels, like Instagram and Facebook, limit our access. You should be creative enough to guide professional marketers on things like our written voice, messaging themes, as well as landing page and performance ad design; but you are more the scientist than the artist.
While we’ve proven out a few scalable user acquisition channels, we are in a phase where we’re continuing to test new digital and non-digital levers to see if we can get a step change in user acquisition costs with alternative strategies. You must excel at this “builder” stage in a company’s marketing life cycle.
What you’ll do
- Take responsibility for our revenue growth goals by maintaining an integrated acquisition, retention, and spend based revenue model. You’ll adjust the model as you hit or fail to hit targets. You’ll adjust tactics and the mix of work to keep us as close to plan as possible
- Manage digital performance marketing contractors and bring back this talent in-house with a hire when we’re ready to ramp digital spend
- Set and track benchmark KPIs across channels to keep your team prioritizing the right work
- Request fulfillment team to test different merchandising and building strategies to improve key metrics (AOVs, retention, CAC)
- Increase the growth of our brand through traditional marketing channels (radio, direct mail, email, digital), robust referral programs, and lifecycle program design, content development and distribution for SEO, events, PR, partnerships & other local/guerilla marketing efforts, retail relationships
- Use scrappy rapid tests to see if these tactics have impact, then build scalable systems and process to set foundation that can withstand rapid breakout growth
- Partner deeply with Engineering teams to amplify the impact of the product features they launch, as well as make case for critical product changes
- Work closely with Product and Operations teams to optimize conversion rates (e.g. retargeting people who fall out of funnel)
- Validate existing analysis on digital ad performance and make case with Product Managers for how new features are impacting our CAC, LTV, retention
- Use tools like superset, Amplitude, and mixpanel to monitor key dashboards and know your numbers deeply – synthesize your key takeaways in weekly leadership team meetings
Who you are
- 7+ years of relevant Growth Marketing experience, with at least 5 years successfully leading Marketing teams in small fast growing D2C startups
- Proven track record of growing revenue in cost-effective and profitable ways
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a quantitative focus (or significant analytical exposure in jobs post college)
- Highly strategic, analytical, and inquisitive nature. You are always looking for ways to make things better, faster, and more efficient.
- Structured problem solver
- Willing to have a very hands-on approach while working autonomously in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment (i.e. humble – no job below you if it’s the job that needs to get done in the moment)
- Team player with a “do-er” mentality and familiarity with working on a lean-team
- Proven understanding across all growth channels: SEM, SEO, referral, email, direct response, direct mail, affiliate, influencer, etc.
- Data-obsessed and know how to turn numbers into actionable results
- Prior experience implementing A/B testing frameworks across acquisition funnel and working across departments - particularly with operations in managing inventory
- You are efficient and move quickly while paying attention to detail
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator with impeccable cross-functional relationships skills