|Sr. Director of Engineering, Enterprise Applications||
May 17, 2023🔗
👁️ 173 173 Views
🏢 LeafLink 📍 Remote
💰 $270,000—$295,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Information Technology 📛 No license required
About our company
LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we’re defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000’s ‘Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies’, one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Director of Engineering for Enterprise Applications, reporting to the VP of Engineering. Your organization will be responsible for developing the systems our company runs on and building out the larger LeafLink ecosystem. This includes critical enterprise applications like our ERP, billing systems, CRMs, and marketing automation tooling. Additionally, this role will work closely with our customers guiding them on custom solutions, leveraging implementation partners and available technologies. In this role, your work will advance our external-facing Platform API technology, documentation, and our third-party developer ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will be a technical leader with proven success in software architecture and management. They will be responsible for directing teams of engineers, solution architects, SMEs and working closely with cross-functional partners.
You will be the technical expert in the room understanding business problems and sharing potential solutions. You will partner with other business stakeholders on systems integration strategy and the financial impact of decisions. You will also build and grow our relationships with external vendors and implementation partners. You will effectively share data, and drive alignment among technical and non-technical stakeholders, with clear, crisp communication.
What You’ll be Doing
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that technology solutions meet business needs and are scalable for growth.
- Lead and manage the development of the company's ERP, CRMs, and billing systems, ensuring that they are effectively integrated and optimized to meet company needs.
- Collaborate with other leaders across the organization to ensure that all software systems are effectively integrated with other business systems.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to engineering teams, oversee the design and implementation of software, and ensure high-quality code is delivered on time.
- Define and implement best practices for software development, quality assurance, and deployment.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies, and provide recommendations on how these can be leveraged to improve business processes for positive financial impact.
- Develop and manage budgets for your team, and ensure that resources are allocated appropriately to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Manage external vendors and contractors to ensure that they are delivering quality solutions that meet business needs
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent professional experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering, with a strong background in software architecture, integrations, and API connectivity.
- Experience with platforms such as AWS, GCP, and technologies such as containers, serverless, and gateways.
- Experience with ERPs and financial systems such as Sage, Netsuite, Salesforce Revenue Cloud, Quickbooks, Stripe, and Plaid.
- Experience integrating applications with CRMs and marketing automation tools such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Mailchimp, or Iterable.
- Solid technical management skills, with experience leading distributed engineering teams of at least 20-30 people, comprised of managers and/or individual contributors in leadership roles
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a deep understanding of software development best practices.
- Experience with agile methodologies and project management tools such as JIRA, Github, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a distributed, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
LeafLink Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO - you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off with no cap!
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- 5 Days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - giving back is important to us and we want our employees to prioritize cultivating a better community
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through our Flexible Spending Account