|Senior Tax Accountant||
Feb 7, 2022🔗
👁️ 66 66 Views
🏢 Jushi 📍 Cincinnati, OH
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Accounting 📛 No license required
About our company
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
We are looking for an experienced tax professional who has worked in public companies or a public accounting firm serving large corporate clients for 4 or more years to join our growing in-house tax team. As our Sr. Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for coordinating the US State and Local income and franchise tax accrual process, and all state and local tax return preparations, reviews, filings, and payments. You will also be responsible for consulting on the tax provision for the financial reporting team and supporting the M&A team during due diligence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Coordinate the US State and Local income and franchise tax accrual process
- Complete State and Local tax return preparation, filings, and payments for partnership and corporate income tax returns, sales tax returns, excise and cannabis tax returns, and property tax returns.
- Review state tax apportionment calculations and state add-back/subtraction adjustments
- Assist with questions regarding complex multistate issues
- Report state and local tax credits and incentives
- Implement any multistate income tax related legislation enacted
- Conduct multistate technical research as needed
- Strive to continuously improve the State and Local tax accrual and compliance processes within tax operations, identifying and implementing best practices (including technology solutions)
- Conduct State tax planning and forecasting initiatives in collaboration with other members of the team; analyze opportunities for state tax savings
- Conduct State and Local direct tax audit function in response to inquiries and requests from authorities
- Prepare and archive complete documentation on State tax positions and issues
- Make recommendations on business and process improvements related to multistate matters
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field
- Three (3) + years of experience in state and local/multistate for large corporations
- Maintains strong knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research, and tax planning on a multi-state level
- Working knowledge of IRC §280E, §471, relevant tax court cases, and the implications on both a Federal and State level
- Ability to train and develop multistate staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience preparing and/or reviewing tax accruals / reserves
- Apportionment and revenue sourcing for income, business activity and indirect taxes
- State tax forecasting / planning experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- CPA, JD, or other relevant certification preferred
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).