|Production Supervisor, Flower Processing||
Sep 29, 2021🔗
👁️ 68 68 Views
🏢 Parallel 📍 Franklin, Massachusetts
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Production Supervisor works closely with the Production Manager to ensure high quality products are being produced and processed in accordance with inventory and menu demands. The Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of systems and personnel throughout the Department. The Production Supervisor performs all the duties of the respective department(s) and will provide leadership and coaching to all staff, particularly Shift Leads. Supervisors are accountable for ensuring adequate material and staffing levels, communicating needs as they arise. The Production Supervisor administers corrective action, performance reviews, and external/internal interviewing. The Supervisor is also responsible for holding weekly leadership meetings with staff to relay important production and operational updates.
This role is with NETA - MA, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Drives “Zero Injury” Safety Mindset; supports Safety Committee initiatives and Programs.
- Manages production operations by implementing, adjusting, and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures. Enforces the highest standard of Quality via strict operational procedures, Quality Control checkpoints/tracking.
- Responsible for enforcing Operational Compliance in all aspects of purchasing, producing, and packaging all products. Flawlessly executes the Production Schedules for Fresh Pack and Joint Rolling to ensure production is met as well as to ensure accurate recordkeeping logs are maintained.
- Drives Associate Engagement and on-boarding; works closely with the Production Manager in carrying out these tasks. Delivers Performance Reviews and Corrective Actions, as well as provides ongoing feedback and coaching to associates. Uses Pulse survey results to assist in this area.
- Works directly with Training Ambassadors to initiate and evolve an engaging, holistic Training Process directed at enhancing employee skills and optimizing work streams and processes. Responsible for the Training and Orientation of New Hires in the Department. Helps develop streamlined SOPs.
- Applies LEAN and Continuous Improvement initiatives to drive improvements in Safety, Quality, Cost, Schedule Compliance, and Engagement, working closely with the Production Manager in this area for consistency across shifts.
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff with a focus on Shift Lead development. Aligns Behavior according to Parallel’s expectations for Leadership.
- Develops and maintains appropriate levels for all materials related to production needs, specifically raw materials, packaging/labeling supplies, and labor staffing (headcount, schedules, OT).
- Implements new Processes, equipment, and new SOPs as needed to support Department initiatives.
- Uses efficient and effective means to convert raw materials with human and material resources
- Mastery and management of seed to sale tracking programs
- All other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook (Excel, Teams, OneNote, etc.) and inventory management systems
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills with a strong work ethic
- Manage a controlled workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and can take initiative and directions well
- Works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills
- Superior conflict management; works well under pressure and handles stress professionally
- Proven success with process improvement techniques
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for 10 hours per day
- Requires consistent hand eye coordination and excellent hand dexterity
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted and 50 lbs. assisted