|Processing Technician I|
May 31, 2023 👁️ 40 40 Views
JG explores, curates and celebrates all things cannabis from a place of openness, inclusivity and fun, with the idea that we all deserve to feel good. Whether you’re escaping pain or embracing life, we celebrate your choice to feel better with thoughtfully produced, high quality cannabis products that gets you to where you want to be. No resistance here, just a better route to feeling better.
One thing is for sure: At JG we’re not just a dispensary, we’re a lifestyle and a community.
We believe in the power of people, plants and the combination of the two.
We believe in sticking to our values and stand in truth.
We believe in community, connection, and real conversation.
We believe in hugs, good vibes, and high fives.
The Extraction Technician will be responsible for safely and effectively converting cannabis materials into high quality, food safe medical cannabis oils and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application by Justice Cannabis Co. customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Ensures all extraction duties are safely conducted in full compliance with all government cannabis regulations
· Executes extraction, extract processing, product formulation, filling, and manufacturing procedures in an efficient manner that complies with FDA and OSHA regulations, Justice Cannabis Co. SOP's, and all applicable laboratory procedures
· Ensures processing is executed in accordance with business plans in order to meet revenue and production commitments
· Ensures compliance and accuracy in all product tracking, product security, and product movement
· Follows appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of dissimilar production components
· Ensures manufacturing practices and SOPs are executed in full compliance with best practices
· Performs in-process and post-process quality assurance testing to ensure product meets standards for consumption
· Conducts visual product inspections on finished product to ensure all product meets or exceed Justice Cannabis Co. quality standards and production specifications
· Processes product for testing in accordance with state requirements
· Records and monitors processing conditions to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures
· Conducts proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking in accordance with state requirements
· Continually strives to improve Justice Cannabis Co. processes for improved safety, quality, and manufacturing
· Performs on-going equipment maintenance and cleaning in accordance with Justice Cannabis Co. manufacturing SOPs
· Monitors and manages lab and processing equipment supplies and inventory.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Associates Degree in biology, chemistry or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Two or more years of laboratory experience required
· One to three years of cannabis or related extraction, formulating, and packaging experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product quality.
· Experience with closed loop BHO (butane, propane, mix gas) systems and ethanol extraction preferred; including large scale production sugar/ wax, live sugar/resin/wax, and shatter..
· Cannabis industry experience preferred
· Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and OSHA standards
· Extreme attention to detail with advanced observation and documentation experience necessary to record process conditions and outcomes
Computers and Technology
· Microsoft Office skills, including intermediate Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
· MicroSoft Teams
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.