Oct 5, 2022🔗
👁️ 277 277 Views
🏢 Wurk 📍 Remote✨Remote OK
💰 $50,000 to $80,000 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Marketing 📛 No license required
About our company
Wurk allows cannabis companies to manage payroll, human resources, timekeeping, scheduling, and tax compliance and minimizes compliance risks in the ever-changing cannabis regulatory environment. The company uses its expertise and trusted partnerships to provide guidance on 280E tax law, accounting, and banking. Its platform is designed to scale nationally with the growth of the industry while incorporating the local laws and regulations unique to individual states.
Looking to join an organization where you feel valued and encouraged to achieve your dreams? We are actively looking for individuals who align with our values and are passionate about thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing industry. In 2015, Wurk created the cannabis industry’s very first all-in-one workforce management solution. Our dynamic system is utilized to streamline operations, minimize regulatory risks, and manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance. We believe it is our responsibility to protect the people and organizations of the cannabis industry so they can continue to impact the world we live in. If this excites you, we at Wurk would love to meet you!
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting the marketing department with its initiatives and programs across a variety of channels. This is a tactical role that will include generating content, assisting with webinars, creating PowerPoints, organizing internal databases, researching and writing SEO-optimized blog posts, and conducting market research on new and existing markets.
- Support marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
- Coordinate tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Perform graphic design skills, and social media management (Instagram) to keep our branding current and true to our ideals
- Assist in event & exposition coordination with the sales team for industry events
- Assist in market research on emerging and existing markets
- Work closely with the marketing and sales teams, partners, contractors, and other members of the company to contribute to and support our marketing strategy
- Exhibit a growth mindset through continuous focus on your development plan.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Director to support daily team activities
- Provide administrative and project support for a variety of marketing programs and to the production and marketing teams
- Assist with the production of original content such as SEO-optimized blog posts, email campaigns, guides, checklists, and other downloadable content
- Improve, update, prepare, format, and edit a wide range of content
- Clean up and organize databases, contact records, and outdated content
Required Skill Sets and Experience
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in either Marketing/Communications, English, Journalism, Graphic Design or related field.
- Customer Success Manager tool experience (Hubspot), Salesforce experience and Canva experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A positive, enthusiastic “team player” attitude
- Ability to self-start, work independently, and keep to your own internal deadlines while managing projects with many moving parts
- Ability to excel under pressure, skilled in time management and multi-tasking to produce results in a deadline-driven environment
- An appreciation for startup nuances and ability to pivot
You will be trained on
- Assisting with producing monthly prospect and client newsletters
- Assisting with creating chatbot outlines
- Managing the webinar process, including working with partners, vendors, and internal resources to ensure the webinar is staffed, creating PowerPoints, creating related email campaigns and social posts, and creating associated landing pages
- Creating pop-up forms for webinars and other content
- Nuances within regulated marketing practices
What’s in it for you?
- FREE medical, dental, and vision plans
- FREE basic life insurance, short term disability, and employee assistance programs
- 401(k) traditional and Roth plans
- Generous PTO, bonus, and stock options
- $400 office equipment reimbursement
- $300/year fitness reimbursement
- Internet reimbursement
- Paid professional development
- Generous referral bonuses
- Paid parental leave
- Remote friendly work environment
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we require vaccination as a condition of employment for employees who access our Denver office. We expect employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief to request reasonable accommodations.