|Manager, Data Analytics||
Feb 3, 2023🔗
👁️ 1213 1213 Views
🏢 Weedmaps 📍 Remote✨Remote OK
💰 $142,000 - $196,000 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Information Technology 📛 No license required
About our company
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
We are looking for a talented, passionate Data Analytics professional with the skill and desire to lead our Data Analytics practice. In addition to leading efforts to transform data into actionable information, the person in this role will also take an active leadership role in teaching others about analytics. In simplest terms, you'll be working to bridge the gap between raw data and analysis ... and teaching others how to do the same.
If you have experience working to extract knowledge and actionable information from multiple data sources, then we would love to talk with you. If you are the type of person who comes to work every day expecting to learn, contribute, teach, and have fun, then we think you'll fit right in.
The impact you'll make:
- You will be responsible for enhancing the way that our company creates, consumes, and distributes analytic information
- As part of these efforts, you will consolidate different perspectives and help teach colleagues the value of the information they are looking at
- In addition to creating dashboards and other analytic report artifacts, you will teach others how to use data and analytics, empowering them with skills that will help make them more productive in their role
- Serve as the champion for the analytics tools that our internal users have at their disposal.
- Work directly with the people that use this information, including teaching others about analytics and managing their expectations.
- Contribute to the culture of learning and continuous improvement within the Data Analytics group and the broader Data team
What you've accomplished:
- You have 5-7 years experience working in a data analytics, business intelligence, or operations management, capacity
- You have 4+ years experience with the Tableau ecosystem
- You know how to find the story within the data
- You are well versed in the application of analytic techniques and have some experience or exposure to predictive modeling
- You have a practical ability to visualize data, communicate about the data, and share with others how to utilize it effectively
- You have built role-specific dashboards and understand how to communicate with different audiences
- Your background, relevant work experience and education shows a mixture of math, engineering, curiosity, writing, and skepticism
- You feel comfortable operating with data that is sometimes incomplete. Or messy. Or both.
- You have some data grappling skills (moving data around and manipulating it to some extent, etc)
- You are an excellent communicator, including both written and verbal communication skills
- You have the ability to communicate cross-functionally
- You are able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in time-critical situations
- You are comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are highly self-motivated and resourceful
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with the OKR framework
- Knowledge of the cannabis marketplace
- The base pay range for this position is: $142,000 - $196,000
2023 Benefits for Full Time, Regular Employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day 1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- For plans that offer coverage to your dependents, you pay a small contribution
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary up to $250,000
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Family planning/fertility - including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings - including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- You get an opportunity to shape the future of the cannabis industry
- You get to play a meaningful role that impacts the wellbeing of others
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Additional monthly day off for mental health
- Numerous opportunities to learn and grow your professional skills
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with other Weedmappers through speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!