|IT Analyst - SAP Finance||
Nov 11, 2022🔗
👁️ 74 74 Views
🏢 Verano 📍 Chicago, IL
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Information Technology 📛 No license required
About our company
Verano cultivates a premium flower across a portfolio of cannabis brands to personalize the experience for newcomers and connoisseurs alike.
The Analyst – IT SAP Finance is a role that will be a key player in Verano’s growing IT organization, enabling the company to maximize the value of its enterprise solutions.
We are looking for a highly capable business analyst to optimize our business processes by leveraging industry standard solutions. You will be analyzing our processes, collaborating with management on best practices, and overseeing the implementation and support of the solutions.
The key to success in this role is to be an advocate for our users. As an IT organization, our core mission is to serve our users. You will need to exhibit patience, empathy and flexibility so that you can make our users’ jobs easier, better and faster. Success will further require you to exhibit an in-depth knowledge of specialized business needs and extensive experience in integrating SAP processes. This knowledge must translate into the ability to clearly communicate to the users how to properly leverage the solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary system supported is SAP.
- Assess business needs via business process analysis, collaboration, and observation across all business functions including (but not limited to) Finance, Operations, Sales and Marketing.
- Determine how to best leverage Verano’s enterprise platforms and industry standard processes to enhance targeted business functions.
- Identify any gaps in standard processes to meet Verano’s needs and assess appropriate solutions – including (but not limited to) interfacing with other software platforms and/or designing custom programs.
- Provide training and support to end users. This is extremely important to ensure business continuity and operational efficiencies.
- Collaborate with software, services and support partners and their technicians to deliver technical solutions and resolve issues.
- Document processes in a clear manner as they pertain to Verano’s business model and terminology.
- Comply with industry regulations.
- Keep informed of the latest enterprise systems updates, developments, and offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Participation in 1 to 2 SAP deployments is required
- 4+ years of experience and in depth knowledge in Financial Accounting and Controlling (FICO) is required. Experience in Materials Management (MM) and Production Planning (PP), Sales & Distribution (SD) and/or Plant Maintenance (PM) is desirable.
- Experience with 3rd party financial systems such as travel and expense management, month-end close automation, SEC reporting and FP&A is desirable.
- Oversight of and collaboration with implementation partner consultants and/or application managed services resources is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of financial business processes and their integration with SAP systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest advancements in SAP applications.
- Operates with autonomy, discretion and integrity.
- Ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels and situations.
- Pronounced bias to action and a sense of urgency; able to quickly form, communicate and defend a point of view. Demonstrated ability to think-on-the-feet and make quick decisions.
- Resourceful and ability to demonstrate accomplishments using small teams.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, management information systems, business, finance, or in a related field.
- Estimated 25% US travel depending on project statuses, situations and timing.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment and the position will be located at the Chicago headquarters. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.