|Human Resources Administrator||
Mar 2, 2022🔗
👁️ 80 80 Views
🏢 Windy City Cannabis 📍 Chicago, IL
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Human Resources 📛 No license required
About our company
Windy City Cannabis is an inviting family of hometown cannabis dispensaries where passionate Associates connect customers to the most trusted and effective cannabis products for their lifestyle. We offer a curated selection of high-quality products, personalized service, and a warm, welcoming vibe that invites people to stay longer and return often. In addition to selling trusted products, we host a wide range of wellness and educational events to help our customers live a safe, healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for a skilled Human Resources Administrator to support our dynamic operation, and keep our team of six dispensaries running smoothly. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this individual will be responsible for keeping our employee records, training and compliance platforms, HRIS and timekeeping system, benefits, and other key databases up-to-date. Importantly, this person will also own the state credentialing (“badging”) process, ensuring that all employees are correctly licensed to work in the IL cannabis industry in advance of their first shift. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with superior organizational and communication skills, and has an interest in supporting various training and HR initiatives to enhance our employee experience.
As a condition of employment, all newly hired employees of Windy City should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work. Requests for medical or religious accommodation may be made with the company's HR department. Failure to establish proof of vaccination (or approved exemption) may result in offer rescission.
- Support new employees through the state credentialing process, ensuring application materials submitted to the State of IL meet all requirements.
- Organize and maintain electronic personnel records in our HRIS platform (Gusto) and Sharepoint.
- Accurately update relevant databases, including Quickbooks Time, mHelpdesk, CultureAmp, and others as employees are onboarded and offboarded.
- Own all company training records, partnering with field leadership to ensure staff are enrolled and promptly completing mandatory compliance trainings.
- Proactively communicate with staff in advance of annual recertification or renewal deadlines.
- Develop strong working relationships with our field leadership, partnering with them to successfully onboard and offboard employees.
- Collect and review i-9 information for all new hires.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, often combining various data sets using Excel.
- Assist with general employee questions, escalating when necessary.
- Support VP of HR in assessing various measures of employee engagement, including skills competency, development, and employee satisfaction.
- Occasionally conduct site visits to various dispensaries to better understand challenges of the field team.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of all regulations governing compliant cannabis operations in Illinois, and possess a firm knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local labor laws.
- Support various HR projects and initiatives, as necessary.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least 3 years of relevant Human Resources or administrative experience, preferably within cannabis or similarly regulated industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Project Management, or similar field preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups.
- Proven organizational and communication skills.
- Superior ability for multitasking and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Ability to gain buy-in from others and work toward shared objectives.
- Operates with a keen attention to detail and the highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Proven competence working in ambiguous situations.
- Self-directed and able to leverage all resources to seek solutions.
- Ability to obtain a dispensing organization agent identification card issued by the Illinois. Department of Financial and Professional Regulation Division of Professional Regulation.
- Occasionally lifting, moving, or carrying store inventory, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally ascending/descending ladders or stairs.
- Ability to satisfy company requirements for vaccination against COVID-19, or obtain approved medical or religious exemption
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Windy City Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.