Jan 4, 2023🔗
👁️ 61 61 Views
🏢 710 Labs 📍 River Rouge, MI
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
710 Labs is an award-winning multi-state cannabis brand obsessed with making the richest flavored, organic, small batch cannabis on the planet. We are the OGs that hand select and hunt exotic cultivars from the most renowned breeders. We collaborate with artists such as Richard Prince, LSD World Peace, Astral Oracles, The Elder Statesman and Camp High among others for exclusive accessories and product drops.
At 710 Labs, our mission is simple: to disrupt the industry through obsessive quality. We believe in quality over everything – quality people, quality thinking, quality expression, quality of life. We believe in open communication and genuine collaboration where everyone has a voice. We rise together as a team and as an industry.
The ideal candidate has experience managing all procedures and personnel during harvest and post-harvest processing of cannabis flowers in a commercial setting. They must be familiar with large volume curing techniques, high quality precision trimming, and Metrc compliance. Knowledge of WPFF preparation and lean manufacturing principles desired. The Processing Manager will report to the Director of Cultivation for all tasks.
- Delegation of all flower processing related tasks (harvest, buckdown, trimming, WPFF prep etc.) to be completed on time outlined in the annual cultivation schedule
- Ensuring METRC compliance; using the provided excel sheets to track corresponding METRC plant tags during and after harvest, generating METRC package tags post-processing
- Daily data entry and recording of all plant material weights into corresponding harvest cycle spreadsheets
- Training employees to perform all wet plant (WPFF) and dry flower processing tasks according to the SOP
- Oversight of all flower processing related tasks, making sure employees are following SOPs, and issuing corrective action when employees do not follow SOPs
- Management of both full-time and temporary employees: scheduling workflow, track working hours, inputting timesheets, ensuring meal/rest break compliance, and coordinating staffing needs with the Director of Cultivation and third party staffing companies
- Curing of all product post-processing; using the timeframes outlined in the SOP in conjunction with sensory judgement to determine when a batch is ready for packaging
- Coordinate with the manufacturing (extraction) and packaging departments to forecast time and volume of product ready for extraction and dry flower packaging.
- Compile KPIs and daily/weekly productivity reporting
- Perform labor projections and coordinate with temp staffing agencies
- Track and order department-wide consumables and inventory
- Any other task assigned by the Director of Cultivation
- Leadership experience managing a diverse team of 50 or more people
- Greater than 1 year experience in a management role in a licensed commercial cannabis facility
- Adept in Excel/Google Sheets, METRC, and G-Suite software
- The Processing Manager will need to be agile in delegation, as there are time constraints from when a plant is harvested to completion of processing for manufacturing. This position requires good leadership and interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and a sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
The Processing Manager will be required to learn different cultivars/strains, and how to trim/cure each cultivar based on its individual characteristics. A large portion of the Processing Manager’s role will rely on smell, feel, and experience to determine if product is at the ideal time to be packaged.
Please note that the regulations and laws of The State of Michigan require persons working onsite at a cannabis facility to be at least 21 years of age.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.