Aug 25, 2021🔗
👁️ 76 76 Views
🏢 Acreage Holdings 📍 Syracuse, New York
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
Acreage’s roots in the cannabis industry go back to 2011 with an investment in a Maine license and an understanding that this miraculous plant has the power to heal and change the world. Over the years that followed, the company’s participation in the movement grew and evolved, transitioning in 2017 from an investment vehicle to a leading, vertically integrated multi-state operator.
The Extraction Technician will assist with the production of high-quality cannabis extracts along with cleaning and maintaining laboratory grade equipment, recording, and entering data in multiple forms, and associated tasks delegated by management. The Extraction Technician will be responsible for consistent, sanitary, and safe production of extracts adhering to company policies to successfully uphold quality control and consistent product production. The individual has the responsibility of extracting, refining and purifying cannabinoids from plant material into a concentrated form using solvents.
- Preparing biomass for solvent based extraction and post processing.
- Sample preparations and logging for analytical testing.
- Adhere to specific quality control SOP’s regarding procedural operations and quality of product produced.
- Identify unsafe scenarios as they pertain to the Manufacturing Department.
- Performs daily safety inspections for extraction systems.
- Safely and effectively perform all methods of the cannabis extraction and refinement process practiced at the Syracuse facility as directed by Management, including but not limited to, ethanol and CO2 extractions, winterization, filtration, color remediation, ethanol recovery and distillation.
- Complies with Syracuse facility SOPs and New York State guidance on proper disposal methods for solvent and cannabis contaminated waste.
- Manage high-stress situations and be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment when the situation requires.
- Perform general routine maintenance on lab equipment - troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and regular data logging.
- Wash and sanitize lab surfaces, glassware, equipment, and any other ancillary lab equipment.
- Record all cleaning activities in daily logs.
- Maintain and log all data sheets for chemicals and products physically and digitally.
- Effective communication with the Management Team to ensure all operational needs are met and any procedural problems are addressed and resolved proactively
- Open to constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, weekends, and overtime as determined by process demands.
- Support as necessary other departmental personnel and activities as process demands.
- Punctuality – Must arrive on time for each shift and take breaks/ lunch as scheduled.
- May help in other departments as needed/Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Understanding of basic laboratory terminology and concepts.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to interpret and follow complex, written, verbal and technical instructions. Must be able to adhere to facility SOPs.
- Sound technical ability and ability to learn complex procedures in a timely manner.
- Pass the State of NY required background check
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or related field.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
· Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Must have certification
· Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
· Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
· Proficient with BioTrack.
· Light to moderate lifting (up to 70lbs); heavier weights with assistance.
· Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
· Learn complex technical procedures in a timely manner.
· Pass the State of NY required background check
· Team player - works well with others.
· Must wear provided lab coat, hair/beard nets, gloves, surgical masks, and safety glasses/ goggles/ splash shield, while working in the lab.