Mar 2, 2022🔗
👁️ 172 172 Views
🏢 Jushi 📍 Columbus, OH
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi, we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Extraction Manager will be responsible for overseeing and directly managing extraction and refinement within the facility. This role will provide guidance, leadership, actively manage, share information, and best practices. The position will be responsible for aligning corporate directives and initiatives, ensuring the required level of quality, safety, and service is achieved by holding the staff accountable.
- Develops, maintains, and implements standard operating procedures for all products and techniques developed
- Responsible for managing the daily activities of the extraction and refinement department including planning, scheduling, organizing, assigning, and coordinating the activities and resources of the department
- Directly manages the production work force to achieve Jushi’s objectives, including hiring, coaching, firing, labor planning, and workforce organization.
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory experience. Ability to follow written instruction and maintain a laboratory notebook
- Develops, maintains, and implements standard operating procedures for all processes and techniques developed
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all relevant machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Ensure product meets all requirements for compliance, stability, safety, and desired interest by target audience
- Ensure Dietary Supplement GMPs are implemented and followed
- Sets up, operates, and maintains manufacturing equipment and laboratory instruments, monitor experiments, makes observations, calculates and records results
- Develops and executes laboratory work plans/schedules for self and team that meet production requirements and deadlines
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and cleaned as required
- Maintain batch records for all raw materials and in-process materials in all tracking systems
- Manage raw materials and coordinate material and resource allocation
- Create and manage daily, weekly, and long-term production schedules to meet company needs
- Guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth.
- Ensure compliance with GMP regulations, local and state governing bodies, OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Ensure utilization of all internal tracking systems, ERP and QMS to ensure consistent products and high-quality control
- Partner with technology and compliance team to ensure efficient regulatory compliance for all manufacturing related activities (document records, inventory counts, etc.)
- Develops and implements research and development procedures, programs and techniques for extraction and concentrate products to meet organizational needs and to capitalize on potential new products.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Manufacturing, Engineering, or similar field or at least 2 years’ experience in cannabis manufacturing
- Experience with hydrocarbon extraction, CO2 extraction, and distillation techniques preferred
- 4 plus years’ experience managing product, staff, and resources in a commercial manufacturing operation
- Demonstrated ability to achieve manufacturing objectives in terms of volume, product mix, cost, and quality
- Extensive knowledge in environment, health and safety standards in manufacturing operations required
- Extensive knowledge of extraction and chemical processing techniques
- Previous commercial cannabis extraction experience preferred.
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Knowledge and experience related to producing medical marijuana products; extraction techniques; and routes of administration.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively, orally and in writing with various audiences
- Knowledge and ability to use standard lab equipment; filling equipment, vacuum ovens, hot plates, extraction equipment, etc
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel with a strong attention to detail
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays