Oct 28, 2022🔗
👁️ 68 68 Views
🏢 Ascend Wellness Holdings 📍 Lansing, MI
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
The Investor Relations website contains information about Ascend Wellness Holdings's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.
The Extraction Manager is a full-time position. The Extraction Manager oversees and manages all technical operations of the lab. This role must utilize their experience in chromatography, microbiological analysis, and other chemical methods. The Extraction Manger will work with the management team in establishing and implementing standard operating procedures, selecting staff, and developing the lab's team of qualified employees. All lab operation activities fall under the manager's duties, which include but are not limited to program results, lab costs, hiring, quality assurance, and project development. The Extraction Manager oversees all the tasks necessary to process extractions using various methods, the processing of edibles, cartridges, and other manufactured cannabis products.
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Implement good agricultural practices and follow all facility rules
- Keep good records and follow good documentation practices
- Oversee operations of Precision Extract Machinery using hydrocarbons
- Maintain and operate short path and wipe film distillation and extraction equipment
- Responsible for utilizing all required processes while maintaining a clean and sterile workplace
- Responsible for producing distillate, wax, shatter, diamonds, sauce, and crumble products
- Work with the team to ensure product integrity through the entire extraction process
- Conform with all regulatory, compliance and safety requirements including wearing protective clothing and gear when handling hazardous chemicals
- Identifying and implementing new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory workflow, extractions product development and data quality as financially possible
- Ensuring the constant improvement of the team's knowledge base on lab procedures and extraction methods including safety awareness, knowledge of hazards, OSHA, Food Safety, company standards and quality control
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental and document control requirements
- Providing technical guidance to the facility with respect to any technical questions or new services
- Analyzing production requirements and work assignments based upon capacity to achieve production schedule and departmental objectives. Promoting an environment of continual improvement and open communication with all levels of staff
- Planning and organizing production schedules and coordinating with operations personnel to identify and address market opportunities and operational weakness
- Develop strategies to increase productivity and production with existing methodologies.
- Oversee preparation of equipment and plant material for extractions.
- Assist in company product formulations of various types with specific cannabinoid ratios.
- Calculate input requirements, assemble, and weigh plant materials and supplies.
- QA/QC duties that require analytical testing for quality and consistency and data review.
- Operate extraction and post-processing equipment; process concentrates and extracts.
- Operate, maintain, and adjust and repairs to laboratory equipment such as liquid chromatography systems, pumps, balances, centrifuges, and other laboratory equipment.
- Maintain inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Store supplies and equipment, dispose of waste according to guidelines, and keep laboratory, storerooms and working areas immaculate.
- Wash and sterilize laboratory glassware.
- Maintain SOPs, training records, and related documentation.
- Maintain material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Oversee a clean lab environment and maintain immaculate extraction and laboratory environments adhering to Current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) standards.
- Maintain strict inventory records and of all plant materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in related field - Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Life Sciences with 1+ years of experience in a regulated plant extraction or 3+ years of cannabis extraction experience
- Strong scientific background with process validation (SPC-statistical process control) experience.
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of CO2 extraction, butane extraction and distillation.
- Technical problem-solving skills in a processing plant environment and of chemical processing equipment, specifically Supercritical Fluid Extraction-SFE) and post processing techniques.
- Strong background in extraction techniques (e.g. SFE) and wet chemistry, along with a research mindset.
- Knowledge of cannabinoids, terpenes, and their medicinal benefits is preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, familiarity with METRC and supplementary tracking software. Record production and test data for each product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle, and pressures during the extraction process.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to internalize training and follow instructions consistently
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Travel maybe required
- Other duites and responsibilies as assigned
Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the population of differences and does not discriminate in its hiring / hiring practices, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.