Nov 30, 2022🔗
👁️ 78 78 Views
🏢 710 Labs 📍 River Rouge, MI
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Supply Chain 📛 No license required
About our company
At 710 Labs, our mission is simple: to disrupt the industry through obsessive quality. We believe in quality over everything – quality people, quality thinking, quality expression, quality of life. We believe in open communication and genuine collaboration where everyone has a voice. We rise together as a team and as an industry.
710 Labs is an award-winning multi-state cannabis brand obsessed with making the richest flavored, organic, small batch cannabis on the planet. We are the OGs that hand select and hunt exotic cultivars from the most renowned breeders. We collaborate with artists such as Richard Prince, LSD World Peace, Astral Oracles, The Elder Stateman and Camp High among others for exclusive accessories and product drops.
The Distribution Manager is responsible for leading the strategic and tactical processes within 710 Labs inventory and fulfillment operations. This includes maintaining and improving processes that support accurate product inventories and on-time fulfillment of products to customers. The Distribution Manager will interface directly with upstream supply (packaging operations) and downstream (logistics and sales) and must have strong, transparent communications with both the distribution team and other departments to facilitate effective operations and customer satisfaction.
The Distribution Manager will be expected to drive process solutions, manage, and develop their team, and drive day-to-day execution of distribution processes. The Manager will be the main point of contact for senior management and the sales team regarding orders and related issues and must have a sense of urgency to address issues and continually improve processes to eliminate errors.
Additionally, the Distribution Manager will be responsible for managing all processes related to product inventory, ensuring minimal loss within accepted standards, and having an accurate inventory count at all times. The Manager and their team will complete frequent audits to confirm efficacy and accuracy of the processes in place and will have full accountability for all products flowing through the department.
The Distribution Manager must be adept and functioning in a fast-paced environment with a sensitive product that requires well-developed process and people management skills and attention to detail.
- Effectively leading a team in executing all inventory, order fulfillment, order management, and customer issue related tasks.
- Manage, create, and improve processes and procedures to support effective inventory management and order fulfillment.
- Maintain the highest levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Partner and effectively communicate with sales management and representatives on status of inventory availability, backorders, pending suspended orders, and packing status and drive resolution of any distribution related customer issues.
- Partner with accounting and management in researching and verifying order shortages, shipping errors, chargebacks and shipping charges.
- Proactively manage all supplies necessary for order fulfillment and management operations and alert the Administrator if anything is needed.
- Uphold a highly organized department with all product and supplies properly stored and maintained to support effective inventory and fulfillment processes.
- Ensure all products are compliant, including leading efforts to facilitate compliance testing and resolving any testing issues, and ensuring all products leave the facility meeting our high-quality standards.
- Lead efforts to develop the fulfillment and inventory team by identifying areas of opportunity and delivering training and supporting individual development to support the team’s growth to best serve our customers.
- Serve as subject matter expert for team on warehouse management software and fulfillment and inventory aspects of ERP system and actively work to improve functionality of ERP processes related to area of ownership.
- Implement key performance indicators (KPIs) related to distribution functions and proactively manage the team to deliver results that drive business performance and deliver planned objectives.
- 5 years in a fulfillment or inventory management production environment.
- Minimum 2 years in a management role. Must have ability to develop individuals and establish positive team dynamics.
- Highly detail oriented and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator who is transparent and effective delivering feedback and escalating issues to the appropriate leadership.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, and capable of learning new software.
- Able to forge strong relationships with employees and other leaders to facilitate a positive and proactive work environment.
- Experience in improving business processes via continuous improvement processes and incorporation of available systems technologies. Background in Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing is desired but not a requirement.
- Quick thinking and sense of urgency and ability to make decisions for quick corrective action.
- Experience in creating, analyzing, implementing, and maintaining SOPs.
- Self-starter who works well under limited direction. Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and drive.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills with competency in warehouse management and order processing systems (experience with METRC is desired but not required.)
- Ability to gather and manipulate data to draw conclusions around trends.
- Solid work ethic, punctual, passionate, positive attitude and willing to go the extra mile to accomplish daily tasks.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Please note that the regulations and laws of The State of Michigan require persons working onsite at a cannabis facility to be at least 21 years of age.