May 15, 2023🔗
👁️ 31 31 Views
🏢 Conception Nurseries 📍 SACRAMENTO, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Supply Chain 📛 No license required
About our company
Conception is a California-based company focused on eliminating the problems cultivators experience with traditional cloning and mother rooms. We currently operate in California and Oregon.
The Distribution Driver is a critical part of the Conception Nurseries Business Operations team. This individual is responsible for the transportation and delivery of goods to our customers and for ensuring all supplies coming into the facility are properly stored and/or distributed to the appropriate operations staff for use. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to ensure that plants ready for sale are appropriately packed, correctly labeled with the accurate delivery address, and delivered on time to the customer site. This individual will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Report from the DMV showing they have a clean, valid California driver's license. This position will report directly to the VP of Business Operations.
Keys to Success in this role include:
- Day to day communication with Operations, Production, and Sales leadership to ensure all shipping and receiving and distribution needs are executed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Day to day use of the company ERP and state tracking software to ensure operational and sales needs are accurately reflected, and fulfillment activities tracked appropriately.
- Presenting a professional, clean, and accommodating attitude with both internal and external customers
- A commitment to providing our customers with an excellent experience
- Living Conception’s values while at work.
- Transporting and delivering items to customer locations in a safe, timely manner.
- Ability to drive long haul route between Long Beach and Sacramento once per week
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles
- Accepting payments for delivered items
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries
- Interact with customers in a professional manner
- Carry out vehicle maintenance checks
- Ensure vehicles have sufficient gas and are always ready for use
- Arrange for vehicle repairs when necessary
- Update monthly mileage records
- Utilize navigation apps to find the most optimal route
- Enter appropriate data in the company ERP and the state tracking software
- Responsible for ensuring all incoming and outgoing shipments are correctly packed and
- accurately recorded
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Detail oriented, multitasking capability, self-motivated, organized, problem-solving skills, team player, time management, attention to detail
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Driving Record
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws
- 1 year driving experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management, and organizational skills
- Proficiency using GPS devices
- Cannabis experience a plus
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Must be comfortable with technology, open to learning
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently within a fast-paced production environment and comfortable performing repetitive tasks
- Computer Skills: Proficient with data entry and computer applications.
The position may require you to safely lift 50 pounds and request assistance when warranted. Must have a range of motion enough to permit walking, standing, stooping and crouching for extended periods of time while performing duties.
Long hours of driving every day with overnight trips approximately once per week.