|Dispensary Shift Lead||
Jan 30, 2023🔗
👁️ 77 77 Views
🏢 Ethos Cannabis 📍 Philadelphia, PA
💰 $20 an hour 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
Ethos Cannabis is a multi-state cannabis company with operations in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Ohio and we are pursuing expansion opportunities. Our goal is to have a clear and compelling consumer-centric vision focused on helping individuals feel and live better through their experiences with cannabis. Our mission is supported by our relationship with Jefferson Health, a leading academic medical center in the U.S., dedicated to collecting and analyzing valuable real-world data and developing educational initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes and quality of life. Jefferson Health is our Academic Clinical Research Center partner for our vertically integrated operations in Pennsylvania.
Our principals have significant experience investing in healthcare, consumer products, and regulated markets and have been actively focused on the cannabis industry since 2015. Our leadership at Ethos Cannabis has experience developing and leading successful cannabis operators in the U.S.
The Shift Lead of the Dispensary is responsible for assisting patients in selecting appropriate products for purchase, preparing orders, executing transactions, cash handling and customer service and supervising a team of dispensary employees for the Company's cannabis dispensary location. This position will involve supporting the General Manager and/or Assistant Manager with all aspects of dispensary operations, including coaching and developing the retail store team. The Shift Lead will serve as a Manager-on-Duty, with the ability to complete all dispensary functions, as directed and authorized by the General Manager. The Shift Lead will assist in operating the store in absence of the General Manager.
We are seeking a passionate, driven, detailed-oriented and collaborative Shift Lead to assist with leadership, direction, and support of the daily operations of the dispensary, including handling the needs of all customers and developing a team of Product Associates who are enthusiastic about delivering a best-in-class, innovative cannabis retail experience that is compliant with state and local rules and regulations. The ideal candidate has the ability to adapt to our business model and has demonstrated leadership experience, as he or she will be given significant responsibility within our dispensary. Previous cannabis retail experience is preferred.
- Provide an excellent customer experience while assisting in the sale of cannabis products
- Consistently deliver the ultimate customer experience in all facets from patient entry to exit; ensure each patient receives full attention during their transaction
- Maintain quality customer service by establishing and enforcing company standards and handling patient inquiries and complaints
- Provide outstanding, accurate customer service to patrons by answering or appropriately directing questions and concerns
- Guide patients throughout the sales floor within the dispensary, making product recommendations based on patient need and available products
- Assist patients with choosing the right products according to their ailments
- Ensure orders are fulfilled efficiently with 100% accuracy at all times
- Operate cash register, computer-based POS system, and cash drawer. Ensure accuracy in cash handling at POS and assume progressive cash management duties as guided and directed by General Manager.
- Adhere to company Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand and assist the General Manager with weekly and monthly sales information
- Maintain a friendly, courteous and professional demeanor at all times
- Coach and support other team members, including Product Associates
- Ensure that the store is clean, safe, and presentable for clients
- Work with other management team members to motivate retail staff, coordinate training, and provide feedback to ensure Company has the best staff in the industry
- Oversee orders and deliveries to ensure accurate order information and timeliness of deliveries
- Assist the dispensary management team with employee schedules and managing employee work hours and vacation requests; may be asked to cover emergency scheduling situations such as an absent Product Associate's shift
- Assist with training of all new employees as well as the re-training of existing employees when needed
- Motivate and work together with General Manager/Assistant Manager and employees to meet and exceed sales goals
- Help ensure that inventory is adequate and help properly manage inventory by becoming well versed in the use of the Pennsylvania seed-to-sale inventory tracking system and electronic verification system
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established company policies and procedures
- Support the General Manager by monitoring the activities of the store employees to maximize efficiency and minimize errors
- Strive to become familiar and proficient at all other tasks and duties of the General Manager
- Assist General Manager with regular and random inventory counts of cannabis, ancillary products, and dispensing supplies
- Supervise Product Associates during General Manager's absence or when directed
- Complete other duties as assigned by General Manager
- Assist in ensuring that physical environment is safe, sanitary, and that all equipment/technology is in good working order
- Lead initiatives, store strategies, and specific projects at the store level that may be assigned by General Manager.
- Report directly to the General Manager of Dispensary
High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous experience in a cannabis retail environment preferred
- 1-2 years retail management experience required
- Thorough understanding of state and local cannabis laws and regulations, and how they apply to the operations of the Company is preferred
- Considerable exposure to retail cultures focused on well-developed standard operating procedures and management and employee training programs
- Experience in inventory management and reconciliation
- Work history that demonstrates stability, progressive responsibility, and willingness to accept new duties
Capabilities and Skills:
- Exceptional team building, communication and people skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment while demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills is required
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and time management abilities
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Exceptional willingness to be a hands-on manager and fill gaps to accomplish business objectives
- Exceptional cash management skills
- Proficiency in computer usage including retail point-of-sale software, all MS Office applications, email, scheduling software, online conferencing, and more
- Strong problem-solving skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
- Extended time sitting, walking, bending, and reaching is possible
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds for a distance of 50 feet
- Must pass stringent State background test requirements
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess valid driver's license or state ID card; authorized to work in the U.S.
This position is classified as Non-Exempt, and therefore, you will be eligible to receive overtime pay
based on federal and state requirements. While there is no promise of overtime, it may be required
either on a regular or periodic basis due to business necessity. Eligibility to work overtime will be
determined in accordance with local site practice.
Ethos is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employee.