May 22, 2023🔗
👁️ 20 20 Views
🏢 Acreage Holdings 📍 Williamstown, NJ
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
Acreage’s roots in the cannabis industry go back to 2011 with an investment in a Maine license and an understanding that this miraculous plant has the power to heal and change the world. Over the years that followed, the company’s participation in the movement grew and evolved, transitioning in 2017 from an investment vehicle to a leading, vertically integrated multi-state operator.
The Dispensary Manager is responsible for leading and effectively managing their assigned dispensary, ensuring an exceptional “guest” experience to minimally achieve / ideally exceed company defined monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and profit goals with a trained, high performing team. This role oversees all sales and service, business operations, cash, and inventory management for one or more assigned dispensaries and reports to the Director of Retail Operations. This position also ensures consistent SOPs, training, and development to enable a positive, compliant “selling culture” for all assigned team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
People Management Responsibilities
- Leads the delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales, profitability, and image through exceptional “guest” service, leveraging store assets, direct supervision of team members and demonstrating “strategic selling” on the sales floor.
- Leads the execution of SOPs, KPIs and best practices for the benefit of our “guests” and managing assigned team members.
- Leads and encourages effective communication amongst the team and ensures that executive management is briefed on ongoing business operations and opportunities.
- Partners with Human Resources for interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and training dispensary staff at assigned location(s).
- Conducts ongoing meetings with team members for coaching and mentoring via assessing KPI, goal, and task performance and proactively identifies opportunities to either enhance or drive operational improvements.
- Addresses employee relations’ issues professionally and swiftly with the HR team.
- Manages performance plans and reviews to support ongoing professional training, development, and potential succession planning for team members.
- Collaborates with the Director of Retail and Sr Regional Marketing Manager to ensure on-going staff training on products, product usage methods, properties of cannabis, cannabinoids, and terpenes to enable a “strategic selling” culture.
- Ensures that the dispensary – interior (includes BOH) and exterior – are clean and presentable.
- Manages operation of the dispensary and team members – scheduling, opening/closing/changing shifts - and task delegation. Ensures sufficient staffing for customer volume and demand.
- Manages employee timekeeping to ensure accurate pay. Troubleshoots timekeeping and pay issues – on a timely basis - in collaboration with Payroll and Human Resources.
- Ensures activities and processes by team members are compliantly executed in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Utilizes reward and recognition programs for exceptional employee performance.
- Willing to travel to other locations for training and/or coverage.
Sales and Operations Management Responsibilities
- Regularly monitors business results (using seed-to-sale programs, DOMO, and other industry resources) to strategize and enable achievement of KPIs including but not limited to sales, customer service, inventory levels, payroll cost and operating expense management.
- Implements operational processes in compliance with applicable state regulations and ensures any legislative and procedural changes relating to the sales and distribution of cannabis are clearly communicated for the training of the dispensary staff.
- Maintains knowledge of all aspects of NJ’s cannabis industry to ensure “guests” are benefitting from up-to-date and effective cannabis practices.
- Partners with Marketing to deliver effective and accurate communication, which is tailored to specific initiatives and market demographics for our “guests”.
- Identifies and implements business process improvements in partnership with cross-functional team members.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Financial Management Responsibilities
Collaborates with Finance and Accounting to manage vendor payments including submission and approval of invoices and prioritizing invoices for payment.
Submits requisitions, invoices and approvals on a timely basis.
Inventory Management Responsibilities
- Analyzes inventory trends and directly oversees inventory management/tracking (including orders, keeping stock current) for compliancy, accuracy and efficiency. Communicates inventory needs during weekly sell-through calls and leverages company resources – on these calls - to help ensure adequate stock levels, proper product assortment and consistent replenishment, especially top selling skus (to help avoid potential oos).
- Ensures adherence to all inventory SOPs to promote reporting consistency, mitigate loss and be compliant with applicable regulations.
- Supports the Regional Director of Wholesale Sales and Director of Retail Operations in maintaining vendor relations to establish promotional partnerships, deliver product feedback and plan for product education.
Cash Management Responsibilities
- Ensures cash in store is regularly counted, cross-checked, and balanced.
- Ensure adequate cash and change is on-hand to facilitate sales and transactions.
- Implements efficient cash tracking and handling procedures to mitigate any potential loss.
- Promptly investigates any cash variances and determines cause for any overage/shortage and subsequent corrective actions.
- Holds assigned team members accountable for consistent and accurate cash handling practices.
Compliance, Safety and Security Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Compliance to meet state reporting requirements (sales, inventory, “guest” service regs, ongoing reports, etc).
- Maintains current knowledge on state regulations and ensures all team members are properly trained on changes or additions to policy.
- Ensures all staff members complete required compliance training and maintain state credentials.
- Responsible for ensuring that all team members comply with all safety and security standards.
- Collaborates with the National Security Director and Security Manager to define policies, practices, and procedures including recognizing risk and developing potential mitigation plans
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a high volume, fast-paced, customer-facing team management. Cannabis industry experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated track record in retail management including financial indicators and budgets.
- Strong, motivational leadership and management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to strategically plan and prioritize.
- Ability to critically think and effectively problem solve, without direction.
- Absolute reliability, confidentiality, trustworthiness, accountability.
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic business environment, proactive and effective multi-tasker.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently and effectively, while maintaining focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, as necessary.
Computers and Technology
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency with point of sale, inventory, and transaction tracking systems used to facilitate sales and operations.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters, while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be capable of lifting 25 pounds to stock product boxes. Position requires frequent reaching into cabinets and displays to show and review product(s). Ability to maintain a stationary sitting or standing position for up to eight hours a day based on business needs and sales volume; and ability to bend and retrieve products from lower shelves. This role also enters information into sales and tracking systems requiring hand dexterity and the ability visually verify correct product information.