|Director of Cultivation||
Jun 2, 2023🔗
👁️ 188 188 Views
🏢 Nobo 📍 Benton Harbor, MI
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
NOBO is a top-of-the-line recreational (adult-use) cannabis retailer trusted to provide the best customer experience in the cannabis industry. We are a retailer, an educator and on a mission to create a movement that encourages a more progressive understanding of the cannabis industry. Crafted in Michigan, our teams are equipped with an expert understanding of the cannabis space to provide consumers with the information they need to appreciate all the benefits of cannabis.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, Horticulture, or related field preferred. Must be an expert in commercial cannabis production.
The Director of Cultivation is responsible for overseeing day-to-day cultivation operations, managing all cultivation team members, and ensuring compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local regulations. This individual will create and implement best practices and standard operations to maximize production, quality, safety, and compliance, while minimizing inputs and costs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 4 years of Commercial Cannabis Cultivation experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Commercial Cannabis Cultivation experience as a Head Grower/Grow Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Registered Primary Caregiver.
- Must be able to pass a background check with no pending charges or convictions within the past 10 years for a controlled substance-related felony.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Proficiency in METRC, TRYM and crop management software required.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the cannabis industry and the associated federal, state, and local municipal laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of plant genetics, propagation, and common diseases.
- Strong counting, tracking, and inventory management skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with a diverse team.
Duties and Expectations:
- Oversee all cultivation tasks and processes, ensuring proper documentation in accordance with the State of Colorado standards and LARA.
- Oversee supply inventory, orders, and deliveries to ensure efficient levels of all cultivation inputs and supplies.
- Develop and implement safe and compliant pest control strategies.
- Ensure plant health through appropriate de-leafing and fertigation.
- Implement and maintain all cultivation SOPs, plans, policies, schedules and procedures.
- Maintain records of production and plant care.
- Manage cultivation staff and contractors.
- Develop and implement harvest plans ensuring maximum quality for brand development.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a MED Key badge at the beginning of employment.
- This role will involve travel within the Mountain States division and to other divisions to facilitate training and participate in meetings. Overnight stay may be required from time to time.
- Support NOBOs strategy and values.
- Enforce all of NOBOs administrative processes and procedures.
- Full responsibility and accountability for maintaining projects of your team.
- The Director of Cultivation will maintain a focus on the delivery of successful cash crops that meet top industry performance standards. This individual will play a pivotal role in the design, direction, and implementation of cultivation operations for a state-of-the-art grow facility, contributing to business-wide strategies including production planning, budgeting, propagation, transplanting, feeding, crop maintenance, IPM program management, and harvesting.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
NOBO Michigan, LLC operates in a working greenhouse environment. Must be able to work in a cultivation environment with moderate to loud noise level. Must be able to work in manufacturing or production facilities with moderate to loud noise level and changing working conditions. May require use of safety equipment or personal protective equipment, as needed. Must be able to lift or leverage up to 50 pounds frequently. Must be able to sustain posture in a seated or standing position for prolonged periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines, as well as to tend to plants is required. Visual and color acuity are required for reading and interpreting architectural and engineering documents. Ability to walk in greenhouses, rural fields and city/town lots, or building sites is required.
Accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.