May 22, 2023🔗
👁️ 125 125 Views
🏢 State Flower 📍 San Francisco, CA
💰 $23.50 - $26 an hour 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
We started small in Santa Cruz, CA back in 2004 and have been expanding ever since. In 2015, under prop 215, we moved our operation to San Francisco, becoming one of the first in the state to receive a municipal permit. In 2020 we expanded again, officially making us the largest grow in San Francisco! With thousands of beautiful plants, we are excited to bring you more of your favorite strains, from State Flower classics like Lambsbread and GDP to our limited releases, like Garanimals and Gush Mints. Even though we are now the largest grow in San Francisco, we are still a “boutique” operation in relation to many grows in California. To us, “boutique” means we are still small enough to give each batch the attention it deserves to achieve the plant’s optimal expression.
The Cultivation Technician is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the company's cultivation operation from propagation to harvest. Essential functions include — but are not limited to — assisting the Cultivation Manager in various ways such as cleaning, cloning, transplanting, IPM applications, pruning plants, planting and resetting rooms as well as various miscellaneous tasks that fall under the day-to-day management of our gardens and their various individual departments.
Rate of Pay - $23.50 to $26.00 an hour based on experience.
- Minimum of 1 years of cannabis cultivation experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Must be authorized to live and work in the U.S.
- Applicants may be required to take a background check after a conditional offer is made.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must speak/read/write English proficiently.
- Previous wash/sanitation experience within a manufacturing environment, highly preferred
- Experience working with METRC
- Prior janitorial experience
- Prior dishwashing experience
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- General cleaning duties, e.g., scrubbing and sanitizing trays in propagation room, veg room and various flowering rooms; cleaning miscellaneous growing equipment to maintain protocols; transferring plants from one stage to the next; de-fanning plants, removing waste, weighing & tracking plant waste
- Completes regularly scheduled quality assessment of plants for signs of pests/disease under the training of the Cultivation Manager.
- Ensure cultivation facilities are consistently stocked with appropriate supplies at all times. Ensures all equipment and systems (mechanical, lighting, fertigation/plumbing, etc.) are properly maintained
- Inventory procedures as they relate to proper plant counts, tracking information for inventory to ensure that our facility is always operating in compliance
- Mop up spills, leaks and make sure safety signs are in place to caution employees on wet floors, oily surfaces and other occupational hazards as soon as they are noticed.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at appropriate times as this position may be exposed to splash hazards, high temperatures and chemicals. Complete training will be provided upon hiring.
- Transports trash and waste to the disposal area.
- Complies with safety requirements at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee works in a cultivation environment at State Flower Cannabis Headquarters and must be capable of adhering to full Personal Protective Equipment guidelines per OSHA and SFPHD requirements, to maintain a safe and sterile environment (i.e. hair net, face mask, gloves, lab coat, foot booties, etc.)
- Stand constantly
- Walk frequently
- Reach and twist/turn with hands and arms
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawlFrequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Rate of Pay
- Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Paid vacation
- $23.50 - $26 an hour
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
State Flower Cannabis is an Equal Opportunity EmployerState Flower Cannabis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability, citizenship or veteran status. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.