Jan 31, 2022🔗
👁️ 77 77 Views
🏢 Parallel 📍 Wimauma, FL
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Cultivation team member assists in the growing and cultivation of medical marijuana. Performs select tasks in the cultivation process. This is a “hands on,” entry level role in the cultivation process.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintains plant Cultivation by following Parallel’s Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Work closely with the Cultivation Supervisors/Team Leads on some elements of cultivation and production
- Provide water and nutrients appropriately to ensure sustainable growth. Accurately weigh and measure nutrient and water needs
- Assists in the transferring of plants from Vegetative rooms to Flower rooms
- Properly sets up trellis and ties up plant limbs appropriately
- Fills out logbooks daily accurately
- Consistently checks plant weights to ensure proper water content
- Assists the harvest team when needed
- Performs all other tasks as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum of 6+ months agricultural or cultivation experience preferred specifically with cannabis
- Ability to calculate and record measurements
- Ability to accurately read and interpret directions in English
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to focus and be task oriented, complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Can take direction well; great communication skills
- Must be proficient with measurements at all times
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Indoor growing environment.
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and consistent attention to detail for 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.