May 15, 2023🔗
👁️ 23 23 Views
🏢 Ascend Wellness Holdings 📍 Fort Lee, NJ
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Compliance 📛 No license required
About our company
Ascend Wellness Holdings is a U.S. multi-state operator, with assets in six states including Illinois, Michigan, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The company focuses on limited license states east of the Rockies, with flagship locations in desirable retail corridors serving key medical and adult-use markets.
AWH is committed to breaking down traditional barriers in the cannabis marketplace to redefine the industry from the ground up. The company owns and operates state-of-the-art cultivation facilities, grows award-winning strains and produces a curated selection of premium products. AWH provides accessible retail experiences, trusted products and exclusive brand partnerships. Because cannabis should be accessible to everyone.
The Compliance Specialist, NJ will support all compliance priorities for the retail stores and cultivation and processing facility. We are seeking a candidate with familiarity within the cannabis sector or experience within a heavily regulated environment. Furthermore, our ideal candidate will be inspired by a fast-paced culture and have a high level of comfort in ownership of site compliance. This position reports directly to the Director of Compliance.
Location: The Compliance Specialist's primary office location is at our Fort Lee dispensary, with travel required to Montclair, Rochelle Park dispensaries, and Franklin cultivation and processing facility.
- Responsible for all applicable county and municipal laws, ordinances, and regulations, including the specific cannabis regulations for the site.
- Conducts site audits at recurring frequencies to proactively identify compliance risks and support remediation through corrective and preventative action plans.
- Helps to track and report compliance risks and corrective action statuses.
- Interacts with regulatory inspectors and agencies during site inspections.
- Assists with requests for information or other requests from regulatory agencies as directed.
- Prepares and submits documentation required for regulatory approvals and coordinates the inspection process for internal departments and state regulators.
- Serves as subject matter expert on current and prospective state cannabis regulations and provides compliance advice to internal team.
- Supports the application submission process for registration renewals to maintain state licensures.
- Investigates and resolves compliance concerns, issues, or violations.
- Keeps informed of emerging cannabis regulatory issues, trends, and other developments.
Eligibility, Qualifications, and Training:
- 1+ years of compliance experience in the cannabis industry, or 1-2 years of compliance experience within a heavily regulated industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience in creating and executing compliance audit plans and reporting results to Management.
- Experience compiling corrective action plans and supporting remediation activities.
- Experience interacting with regulatory inspectors and agencies.
- Project Management experience with examples of managing a cross-functional team successfully through a project.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn state specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience using a project management system like Monday.com, is a plus.
- Treat people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.