Oct 28, 2022🔗
👁️ 68 68 Views
🏢 Pharmacann 📍 Holliston, MA
💰 $17 an hour 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast.
This position is responsible for executing their daily role performing farming tasks within the Farm department to achieve the weekly objectives in the cannabis cultivation. The Farmer role must participate in their job with professionalism and safety, consistently. The Farmer will report to the Lead of Farm and Supervisor of Production.
Procedures & Tasks
- This position is responsible for performing different farming tasks at a large scale cannabis cultivation. Tasks may include farming plants, transferring plants at points of lifecycle, harvesting plants, and cleaning of the cultivation. Supporting the perpetual cannabis production workflow.
- This position will be trained thoroughly to perform the assigned tasks. Tasks include a variety of ergonomic positions, lifting, sitting, and reporting data to support the upkeep of the cultivation.
- This position is expected to perform tasks in a timely manner, accurately, safely, and compliant. This position will be responsible for participating in their role throughout the scheduled shift, consistently.
- Cleaning and maintaining all areas, equipment, and material throughout the cultivation.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to assisting other departments to help facilitate the additional and/or supplemental work, such as, Production dept tasks, Post Harvest dept tasks, cleaning, and light maintenance as needed throughout the facility.
- This position will follow the direction and training by the Lead of Farm and/or Supervisor of Production assigned to the Holliston, MA cultivation facility. The role is expected to engage in proactive participation to be able to achieve the cultivation practices, consistently and compliant.
- Training towards PharmaCann’s mission statement and leadership development.
- Understanding how to compliantly operate within the cultivation based on the state laws and regulations.
Workspace and Material Maintenance
- This position is responsible for the upkeep of the cannabis cultivation, and reporting of malfunctions within the cultivation area.
- This position is responsible for utilizing equipment and supplies provided by leadership properly, as trained. This position must report to leadership when the equipment operating with is malfunctioning.
- Responsible for sanitizing, cleaning, and maintaining of cultivation equipment and cultivation area as instructed.
- Direct the communication and reporting of plant health issue concerns with the Manager of Farm for proper awareness of organization and analysis.
Compliance and Reporting
- Take instruction from Farm leadership towards upholding current laws and regulations for the cultivation facility. Adapt to updated laws and regulations to implement safe and effective practices to sustain highest quality standards and efficiencies.
- Support the organizing and securing of all METRC tags and harvest batches.
- Take instruction from leadership with updating and tracking all required information in the Farm department logs and spreadsheets daily.
- Any compliance or safety mistake or error created must be addressed, reported, and resolved. Communication with appropriate leadership to ensure resolution.
Works under the direct supervision of the Lead of Farm and Supervisor of Production.
This position is expected to follow and obey the company policies.
- Able to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about an indoor agricultural, typical manufacturing and warehouse environment. This position is part of a fast paced environment. Working in warmer, agricultural conditions, wearing cover-all uniforms for protective layering.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Consistent on-time attendance for all scheduled shifts. Prepared for full 40 hour week working scheduled shifts with occasional overtime shifts to complete daily and weekly objectives.
- Preferred at least 1 year of prior agricultural or manufacturing experience to apply.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment required.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently achieve productivity and performance requirements.
- Demonstrates professional and respectful demeanor towards others. Demonstrates respectful verbal and written communication capability.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe, and assess.
- Knowledge of local, state, regional states, and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Skill Sets Preferred for Position:
- Manufacturing or agricultural experience
- Problem solving team player
- Professional, quality, compliant, and safe decision making
- Willing to take direction
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.